Retirement tax questions

@AnnetteB6

Thanks for another reply. IAW your original advice in this thread, I moved the proceeds figure (when negative) as reported on my 1099-B to the box 1e reporting in TurboTax online. You recommended:

"Losses from expired options are reported by entering the loss amount in the cost basis column and no amount in the proceeds column. The end result here would be negative."

So, now I'm gonna go back and add zeros to all the box 1d in TurboTax online. This seems to be a software error in the reporting of short-term losses as reported on 1099-Bs. Because of following your advice above I don't have any number on my 1099-B in box 1d from my brokerage because in this case those are negative numbers. So, I can't follow the advice you posted in your most recent comment:

"It is usually reported in box 1d of Form 1099-B or on a consolidated broker's statement and may be labeled as gross (or net) proceeds, net sales price, or dollar amount of transaction -- all meaning the same thing but using different labels."

Any additional advice you can share? I'll go through all the transactions again and add a 0 in the TurboTax online.