Level 1
This widget could not be displayed.

Retirement tax questions

I am asking the insurance co to split the proceeds and send 2 1099-R forms showing the actual taxable amount for both of us, but if they can't how do I do this if it's all reported under my social, when I do my taxes next year?  I would like to verify this on Turbo Tax and do a test with a copy of my taxes from this year (just to test it out).  I say another response regarding nominee for 1099-INT but would like the instructions for a 1099-R.  Also, what do I need to file with the IRS (either paper or online) to designate him as a nominee for the amount of $ that will be sent to him showing his taxable amount?