New Member

I cash my retirement money

I receive a check from my employer, wich was our retirement money, since i cash the check instead of deposit in an ira account, i would like to know, in what seccion do i put this info. I know i have to pay taxes

Level 15

Retirement tax questions

You should have received a 1099R for it.  If not, ask the employer or plan for it.

The easiest way to get to the 1099-R entry screen is to simply search for 1099-R (upper- or lower-case, with or without the dash) in your TurboTax program and then click the "Jump to" link in the search results.

Enter a 1099R under
Federal Taxes on the left side
Wages & Income at the top

Then scroll way down to Retirement Plans and Social Security,
Then IRA, 401(k), Pension Plans (1099R) - click Start or Revisit

If you are filing a Joint return be sure to pick which person it is for.

View solution in original post

New Member

Retirement tax questions

Perfecr, thanks so much