Re: I neglected to file my non deductible IRA cont...
Level 15

Retirement tax questions

A 2012 8606 can only report a 2012 non-deductible *for* the 2012 tax year.   A 2011 contribution can only be reported on a 2011 8606.  


If you did not make a 2012 non-deductible contribution then you should also attach an amended 2012 8606 showing a zero contribution  and attach a note that the 2011 contributiin was mistakenly reported on a 2012 8606.       The IRS will probably not access any penalty for an error.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings