Re: You need to designate a portion of your retire...
Level 1

Retirement tax questions

It is my understanding that retirement income for a minister does not make its way to SE.  This would be true even if you don't spend your entire housing allowance for housing expenses.  If you don't spend it all, the remainder is taxable for income tax purposes but not for schedule SE.  It is not earned income.  Someone above mentioned that if you are still doing things like funerals and weddings, these items would be taxable for both income tax and schedule SE.

This widget could not be displayed.
Privacy Settings