scott5577

Investors & landlords

Thank you for your response. No this is not the first year dealing with rental expenses, but it is the first year I've had problems with TurboTax. I am using the download version of TurboTax Premier. The online version would not deal with my state taxes so TurboTax help aided me in converting to the download version. For some reason TurboTax generated both a schedule C and schedule E with schedule C containing only three expense items and listing no income  but a loss on Line31.

Question one: can I transfer these expenses to schedule E and Delete schedule C?

Question two: in schedule E, expenses, most are prorated by the percent of days rented/personal use days, this includes expenses solely due to the rental for example supplies, cleaning, and general excise taxes. Do you know of a way to prevent TurboTax from prorating these expenses?

Question three: are you aware of any changes in tax laws relating to depreciation? I ask this because in 2017 TurboTax calculated depreciation of $29,000 versus only $9000 in 20 18.
I would appreciate any insights and also access to "the ton of information"You have.

I look forward to your response.