Investors & landlords

I had a "chat" with a TaxAct support person who answered TaxAct also does not allow 10 digit entries. She connected me with a TaxAct support page. The page was specifically created to say "No, we won't accept a 10,000,000.00 entry. So stop asking." (The quote is not literal. TaxAct uses many more words to say the same thing) TaxAct tops out at nine digits including 2 useless digits to the right of the decimal point. As you all know, they're useless because the IRS likes entries rounded to the nearest dollar and, as far as I know, all tax prep software adheres to this. And what's most nuts about this digit input limitation is that none of the final 1040 form entries generated by the tax prep programs include the .00.  The only place the .00 matters is to limit the biggest entry to 9,999,99.00. That's just ....weird.

I had hopes for TaxAct, but their support page made it pretty clear. "We're just as inane on this subject as TurboTax, HRBlock, etc. We count .00 for maximum digit entry but nowhere else." (Once again, not a real quote, just less words than they use to say the same thing)

Lastly (finally), I had also left an email inquiry. The person who wrote me said "We support 9 digit entries so $10,000,000 won't be a problem."  I respectfully responded with "so the biggest number I can enter is $999,999,999? Why not a billion? What's the problem? I'll live with it if I have to.".

I'm waiting patiently to hear from her why they can't do a billion. 

Sorry about all the above. Short answer, TaxAct won't do better than Turbo on max entry. But they will charge you more for the same service.