Investors & landlords

Same question here. Total amount on the main K-1 and then individual pass-through K-1s reporting their own, smaller amounts? Or due you subtract the sum of all the pass-throughs from the main K-1? (For my case, I have rental loss in box 2, lets say 5,000. If all is attributed to pass-throughs, would I report 0 or $5,000 on the main K-1 before entering all the individual pass-throughs?)

Alternatively, I just spoke with an expert through TT and was told to enter an amount in Box 2 on each K-1 that matches the passthrough amounts for the entity being entered for Box 20, Code Z, for that specific K-1 entry. So, again lets say the K-1 I received shows -$5,000 rental income in Box 2 and the 199A info for Code Z shows 5 separate pass-through entities, each with -$1,000 rental income. I would enter 5 K-1 entries, each showing -$1,000 in Box 2 and each listing a different pass-through in the Code Z detail. But I was told only the first one would have the other info from my K-1 in just the first entry (interest income, capital info, etc).