Investors & landlords

Echo-

Sorry, I can only say what is working for me. I should have clarified that Form 8525 is for pass through entities (i.e., parterships and LLCs).

On the Fed side, under Form 8525 (in Forms), it lists each of my subcategories of depreciation and amortization. Going to this specific amortization worksheet, I made the changes described above. I will add that I had to enter the sales price as $0.

As you are also in CA, I'll add what I did to get it to properly propagate in CA. And yes, it's really annoying that we are three weeks away and can't finalize CA.

For CA, still in the Forms section, scroll down the left column of forms to CA form 8525 for the specific property, and then down through the assets for that property to the loan fee asset for that property. Click on that form. On the 8525 worksheet for the specific loan asset, go about 1/3 of the way down the page to Dispositions. Enter: Date of Disposition, Date of Acquisition, sales price of $0, Propery Type: Trade or Business (drop down). That did propagate to the CA forms.

(Although we can't print CA yet, we can view the propagation by looking at the individual forms in the Form view. For example, if a pass through entity, look on the CA K1 and you should see the loss reported.)