Residential Rental property - tools purchased for DIY improvements

I am remodeling common areas of an apt. house which is fully rented, myself. (DIY) It required purchase of lot of tools & supplies. Do I list all the tools & supplies as improvements or list them  in repair section?  I am in the menu section under "Rental Real Estate".  There isn't a category under the tax program under Expenses for tools, just "equipment repairs" and other broad categories that don't apply to what I'm doing. (Remodeling a hallway & added a new room). Should I go to the menu button for "Deductions" instead? 

None of the tools alone are more than $1000 each. Tables saw was under $900.  But the plywood, etc., goes into the building and seems that should be part of improvements. (Also paid electrician to replace old wiring with new wiring)  The person who did my taxes last year did not list some of the 2019 tool items on depreciation schedule because they totaled less than $2500. He said that is OK if you make an election to do so. A stove for one of units was therefore also not included and some of my work supplies such as scaffolding, etc. was not put on depreciation schedule. What is best way to handle these work tools for this return?