djcjdad42
Returning Member

Problem entering second home sale in Investment Income.

Hello,

I am trying to enter the sale of my second home into the investment income section and can't get to the screen that will let me select "Second Home."  

I click on Wages & Income, then click on "Visit All" under "Investment Income." I then get a screen asking "Did you sell any investments in 2020? Under that heading it states Stocks, Bonds, Mutual funds, A Second home, Collectibles and Personal items. It then says "Forms covered in this section: 1099B, 1099S, brokerage statements.

I click "YES", I then get to a screen that says "Did you get a 1099B or a brokerage statements for these sales?  I click on "NO."  

The next screen only says "Tell us about this sale" and has two things to pick from. "I'll enter one sale at a time" OR "I'll enter a summary for each sales category."

Nowhere does it says anything about a second home!  I originally had input all of my taxes up to this section using TurboTax Deluxe, but read you needed Premier to enter a second home, so I downloaded and updated the software to reflect the Premier software.  

The identical screens come up in this section as with deluxe, except a new section added on called "Rental Property and Royalties, which doesn't help me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Pulling my hair out!!

Thank You