Rental expenses

I'm unclear on where or not or how much rental expenses I can deduct. So I own a house near my college that I lived in until March. After March since COVID converted all of my classes to online I moved back home and the house sat empty. I had been planning to rent out the house after I graduated. Since it was unclear if we were going to go back to school in the fall or not I was unable to begin trying to rent it out yet incase I had to go back for fall semester. After finding out that fall would be online I started to get the house ready and will have renters moving in November 1st. My main question is about expense deductions I read that if you lived in the house for part of the year you split the expenses using worksheet 5-1. On worksheet 5-1 it asks total days available for rent but not rented, total days of rental use, and total days of personal use. When the house was completely unoccupied from april-september do those days count as personal use? Or are those days not counted at all?