Investors & landlords

TomYoung

Thanks for following up.

I am saying that:

a) When I did the test case (with no other data personal income data) the AMT adjustment was computed correctly for Federal and it was transferred correctly as an ATM adjustment in the California income tax return in the California Schedule P(540) Form, Section "Adjusted Gain Loss Line 9 Smart Worksheet" line 1, 7 and 9.

b) Then when I entered the sale transaction (manually, NO import from the brokarege house) NOT EVEN the 1st sale of the stock acquired via an ISO created an ATM adjustment in the California income tax return.  

c) Regarding "Could you give me the 1st two sales entries you made ...", sorry but I would not.

I do believe the issue may be due to something depending on my other income, expense, deductions and other special situation. As a result the AMT adjustment transfer from Federal to Califonia is not occurring for me. 

As I said, having forced the numbers manually into the California Schedule P(540) Form, Section "Adjusted Gain Loss Line 9 Smart Worksheet" 1, 7 and 9 DID NOT change my tax liability (I checked the math was OK) so I did not pursue this any further and filed my tax return WITHOUT the California AMT Adjustment. 

I hope this helps.