LordTanle1
Returning Member

Depreciation of an Airbnb rental through an LLC with Combination of Rental Options

Hello!

This is a depreciation question.  Background data: my wife and I short-term rent our home.  We rent it out via an LLC (2 owner partnership non-community property state) for which we will be filing Form 1065.  The house is utilized 3 ways: (a) we live in it appx 8 months a year; (b) 4 months a year we rent the entire home out (though there is some vacancy); (c) we offer a shared living option during the 8 months we live in the property. 

How do I depreciate?  2018 had vastly different utilization rates (of each kind) than 2019 which will be different from 2020.  (a)+(c) are concurrent.  If we only rented the entire home 4 months a year (b), seems straight forward ~120 days/yr at full depreciation.  If we just did the private room (c), we would depreciate per % of house used/shared.  How do I amalgamate the three?  

For numbers in 2019: (a) personal use 200 days; (b) 76 days booked of 120 offered (we did not use the house in the difference); (c) 50 days shared living/co-utilized.