Expert Alumni

Investors & landlords

Have the other owner report the 1099-MISC and also report 50% of that income as an expense to you. 

Each claim half the income and half the expenses. 

Depreciation starts the year you purchased half the rental and would be based on your purchase price for your half and her basis on her Schedule E is her cost for her half.

Report half on each return, do not have her claim the entire rental. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"