Carl
Level 15

Investors & landlords

After you have completed the tax return in it's entirety and are ready to file, you have several printing choices. For those that elect to file by mail, you have the option to print forms requied for filing. Then you also have the option to print forms "for your records". Neither of those two will print everything. The final option is to print everything.... and when I say everything, I "mean" everything. Worksheets, calculation forms, the works.

I myself have 3 rentals and am self-employed. So I'm filing SCH E and SEC C.

When I print forms for filing or forms to keep for my records, I get less than 30 pages. But when I elect to print everything, I get over 160 pages and absolutely everything is there.

This includes the IRS Form 4562 of which you will have two of those forms for each rental property. They both print in landscape format. One is titled "Depreciation & Amortization Report" and the other is "Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT) Report".

Now when you print it first converts it to an Adobe ducment and displays that document on your screen using whatever PDF reader you have set as the defailt. From there you can find the specific pages you want and when you print from your Adobe reader you can elect what specific pages you want to print. That way, you don't have to waste a ream of paper just to get the few pages you want.