Investors & landlords

Carl, thanks for your reply.  "0 business use" makes sense.  TT has record of $$ improvements to add to basis, but never 'used' in the business of producing rent, therefore no depreciation schedule gets started on those items.

What about the other Form 4562 items, from previous years, that are in various stages of their depreciation schedules?   Everything from the house itself, to A/C units, flooring, etc.   Do I try to end their 'business use' in 2018 or just continue all Form 4562 items through year-end 2018 and finalize all depreciation and business use in tax year 2019, when the property sold?  Is there a way to end depreciation (business use) without 'disposing' of the property or converting it to personal use?

And, if you have any patience left:

What about land improvements (tree removal, distant from the structure)?  How do you add those to the land basis of the property in TT as the IRS says they are not depreciable items?  I certainly want TT to recognize my investment and adjust my land basis to reflect the money spent on those items.  When I add it into TT, it ends up as a 15 year depreciation item despite choosing 'land improvement'.