Level 3

Investors & landlords

Since this is 2017, I think you mean you sold stock at a loss in 2016 and received a 1099-B for 2016.

If that is the case you enter the 1099-B information and report the loss, which will be used to offset some of your other income.If the loss is great enough, any losses remaining will be carried over to 2017.

Privacy Settings