jess109

Investors & landlords

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I am still having an issue with this.  The step by step instructions for "any other expenses" on a vacation home rental is different than that of a single family home rental property.  The vacation home has two separate screens to input "any other expenses".  The first only allows you to input one figure described as other expenses (no details permitted here).  The second screen allows the input of separately stated items however it indicates to include ONLY rental expenses applicable to the rental use of your vacation home.  My property profile indicates 50% ownership and 85% business use.  All other currently entered expenses (utilities, taxes, insurance, interest etc.) are calculated accordingly.  I wish to take advantage of the Di Minimis safe harbor election for a refrigerator, washer, dryer and stove.  How can I properly reflect this on my return?  Is the Di Minimis Safe Harbor Election permitted on a vacation home?  If so, kindly provide some additional guidance.