Jackljr
Returning Member

Investors & landlords

After I enter YES in the SPECIAL HANDLING SCREEN mentioned above, I then enter the sale date, and it takes me back to the summary screens for the rental assets (I have 2 assets listed for the rental property:  1 asset for the condo, and I added an additional asset a few years later for outdoor furniture, grill, and landscaping items that I left in the unit and have now sold as part of the sale of the condo).  Where do I list the sale price of the condo, and the adjusted cost basis of the condo, in order to calculate the net amount I pay capital gains tax on?  Also, can I add the outdoor items I mentioned above to the cost basis for the condo since I included these items in the sale of the condo?   I am worried that turbo tax is not calculating the tax correctly on the sale of this rental property.  I purchased it in 2010, lived in it full time until 2013, then moved to another state in 2013, rented it out until selling it in 2018.  Also.  the cost basis I used for depreciation is not the adjusted cost basis, it's the unadjusted purchase price ($365k).  I calculated the adjusted cost basis to be about $412k.  I need help.