Trey
Level 3

Investors & landlords

@ThomasM125, thanks for your response.  I appreciate it.  If you have time, I would like to clarify:

--First, when I enter the capital gain portion as a new entry in TurboTax (as you suggest below), what would I put for description of the security?  Would I simply put U.S. Treasury Bill along with the actual CUSIP?  Also, would I create a separate, new entry for each bill sold prior to maturity, to reflect the capital gain or loss?

--Second, to make an adjustment to the interest on the 1099 INT (as you suggest below), would I just go into the 1099-INT downloaded from my broker and manually adjust the dollar amount in line 3 "Interest on U.S. Savings Bonds and Treas Obligations" to ensure it reflects the overall correct interest amount adjusted for any sales prior to maturity.  In this case, unlike in the item above, I'd be making an "overall" adjustment to reflect all Treasury Bills sold prior to maturity from that broker--whereas for the capital gains adjustments, I'd make an individual entry for each bill sold prior to maturity.  Does that track with your understanding of how to reflect this in TurboTax?