Box 1 of my 2018 1098T does not reflect the full amount of tuition I paid for the year 2018. My college refuses to correct it, what do I do?

I paid all of my 2018 tuition out of pocket; I received no financial aid of any kind. I understand that for 2018, the IRS forced colleges to begin reporting amount of tuition paid in box 1 in a school year now vs amounts billed in box 2. (ostensibly to cut down on errors and confusion.)

My box 1 is incorrect and only reflects the amount paid for fall 2018, it does not reflect any amount I paid for spring 2018 tuition. Yes, all of these amounts were paid in the 2018 calendar year. I have receipts and bank statements; my college has records and still they refuse to correct the 1098T. I was basically politely told "too bad, we see this amount you paid but box 1 will stay the same". I am not sure what to do because if I claim different amounts on my taxes than what the 1098T issued by my college says that I paid, won't that raise a big red flag for the IRS? I don't like the idea of being audited because someone at the college is less than adept at their job.