New Member

I am a part time worker but go to high school full time what occupation should I put

my parents are claiming me as a dependent but I have a w2
Level 15


The iRS only uses "occupation" for statistical purposes, so you could choose "student" or name the occupation for which you earned the wages.

If you can be claimed as a dependent on your parents’ return, you can still file your own return so that you can receive a refund of taxes withheld.  (You will not get back anything for Social Security or Medicare withheld.) You will not get the $4050 personal exemption.  Be sure that on your own return you say that you can be claimed as a dependent on someone else’s return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**