Education

Q where on federal would I see an earned income credit becaue the msg inturbotax said his nj EIC (don know what that is) was based on his federal - but I dont see any federal EIC - where is that located?

Q so, if my mom has a life estate and even if I am on ded - I dont own the hosue - didnt realize this until years of taking nj senior freeze for those low income people over 65 or on disability so have no idea if I owe that back or my  mom does...but I must own the home not just be on the deed? 

Q So I do not need to file today - benefit is I can efile vesus snail mail - i ddd get a$50 nj refund if i say i am renting which I pay for everything - even though I don own house and get get no write off! and neither does my mom in nJ  with high 12k taxes

Q I do not know what to do - my mom is 93 and if soemthing happens I need to find oother hosusing and am on disabilty so would need to look forlow income - I aussme hey want taxes to prove income?

Q Bottomline I dont now whether to file!!  Can you give advice on thebenefits of filing vs not filing?