Education

Hi Am a single mom on disability and dont even need to file.It is better for him to be indpendent and also if he applies for state halth isnruance which he will need after graduation he must be indpendent I think. So, I am not typical parent and not looking for write offs.

Also I have another  impotant question as I think I might have wrong turbotax version. I read someone asking ig there son has internship out otf state - can they deduct temporary housing. My son went out of state or internsip cost 4700 for rent and that doenst include the airfare  and hotels to get out there - he drove from nj t colorado and had travel expenses but I am  more concerned about ability to deduct the 4700 in rent - he is using standar deduction but from what I read this can be taken off under job expenses in the w2 income section but I do nto see it there -  I have premier version - do I need a different version home an d business becuase I wont have time to get it I dont hink and why would that be? The only thinsgs I see related to job expenses in premier are not under w2 income and are for military - pelase helpo as time is of essence if i need to get a new version of turbtotax and start all over again.