1099-Q and 1098-t

my daughter is a full time student.  We are paying her tuition.  I entered the info from the 1098-T(line 1  greater than line 5)  into our (parents) tax return.      I followed TT prompts and entered the info from the 1099-Q (that has my daughter listed as the recipient).  into our return.   the end result was a screen that said 'it looks like our daughter  has $1xxx of taxable income', from the whole exchange and I'm confused.   I was anticipating that the education tax credit we received would be reduced-because some of her tuition was paid from a 529 distribution- it was not.   Also confused as to why a "tax Free" 529 plan was going to produce a taxable event.

TT asked me if some of the tuition was paid using any 529 monies and I sad yes.

TT asked whos name was on the 1099-Q  and I said---our daughters.

Am I also then , required to enter the 1099-Q onto my daughters return?  She isn't getting "credit" for paying the tuition and I just added the 1099-Q info on our return.  can the 1099-Q be entered onto both ours and her tax return?  THANKS FOR ANY HELP   and SORRY if I am not explaining things well or using the correct terms.  I'm very new at this.