EKirby3429
Returning Member

Education

The company that provided the 1099 is Scholarship America Inc.  The scholarship is a dependant scholarship program sponsored by the company that my husband works for. The letter we received from Scholarship America says on behalf of (the company my husband work's for "

I am pleased to announce you have been selected to receive a $3,000.00  award to be used for education related expenses. Once tuition, fees, and other on campus expenses have been met, additional funds may be released to the student for other education-related expenses.

You must meet all eligibility requirements including enrolling in a full-time undergraduate course of study at Bellingham or another accredited United States two-or four-year college or university or vocational school for the spring 2021 semester.  A school change may result in an award adjustment. Also, your parent must continue employment with (my husband's company of employment).

My daughter did not have to do anything to receive the scholarship other than apply and meet their requirements.  If it is considered compensation from my husband's work, why is the 1099 to her instead of to my husband?