Education

I have to ask does that mean if you filed lets say in January and the IRS took your return you won't get it back.

However if you were someone like me and yes they have taken my past returns, but I could and did not file until April 3rd this year, a clear almost month after the issue of the Crisis order thing, would I still get my refund even though they are saying they may hold it to pay back loans? I got this message,

"Your tax refund has been approved for direct deposit"

"However, it may be partially or completely reduced to pay a past due obligation, such as child support, another federal agency debt, or state income tax. If so, the Bureau of the Fiscal Service (BFS), who issues IRS refunds, will send you a notice with the amount of the debt and contact information. The details of the debt are not provided to the IRS. This application will be updated with the refund amount remaining, if any, after the debt is deducted."

Will I or should I still get my tiny return because I filed very much after March 13th, I filed on April 3rd. Does that mean I will or can get my refund because they did not try to take my refund until April this year?