Education

Thanks for responding. The 1098-T for 2019 has the amounts paid (tuition and fees) for the Fall 2019 semester AND the Spring 2020 semester (in the 2018 tax year, it was Fall '18 & Spring '19). As far as the amounts paid goes, what's on the invoices matches the 1098-T. The problem is with the scholarships. When you say "received a scholarship" I've been assuming that I "received it" because it is listed as a credit on the invoice. Is this the case or do I "receive it" when the college receives/posts it?  Finally, if I "enter the scholarship amount not reported on your 1098-T" (in this case Spring 2020), what do I do about the 1098-T scholarship amounts that were for the last tax year? Do I enter them on the next page in the "Was any of the scholarship income not designated to pay 2019 expenses" box? I'm trying to go by the TT "Learn More" help item: "Scholarship Income Not Allocable to 2019" which says "scholarship income must reduce qualified education expenses for each period of study that assistance is allocable to".