Education

The replies on this thread are very close to answering the questions I have about my 21-year-old sons.  But I want to verify If my thinking is correct.

Son #1-Parents are residents of Georgia and he attends college in Tennessee.  He moved off campus in 2018 and moved into an apartment.  Because he is basically supporting himself, in 2018 and 2019 he was not claimed as a dependent on his parents’ taxes.   He has a Georgia driver’s license.  He does not have a vehicle.  He worked on campus but because Tennessee does not deduct state taxes, no taxes were deducted.  In 2018 he filed a Georgia tax return and because no taxes were deducted, he ended up owing money to the state of Georgia.  His tax returns and W2s have our Georgia address.  From what I read in the thread, he should continue to file state of Georgia taxes, correct?  (I’m trying to avoid paying taxes to Georgia if possible). 

Son #1-Parents are residents of Georgia and he is in Florida.  He attended college in the spring of 2018.  He started working in an AmeriCorps program in July 2018 and moved into an apartment.  Because he is basically supporting himself, in 2018 and 2019 he was not claimed as a dependent on his parents’ taxes.   He obtained a Florida driver’s license in July 2019.  He does not have a vehicle.   He is still working in the AmeriCorps program.  Because Florida does not deduct state taxes, no taxes are deducted.  His tax returns and W2s has his Florida address.  Because he was not a college student when he was working, I thought of him more as a Florida resident.  Because Florida does not withdraw taxes, a Florida tax return was not filed, and I did not have him file a Georgia tax return.  Is my logic correct?