Expert Alumni


You may not even have to report the 1098-T. Please read below.


If your son was a student for only one (1) month out of the entire 12 months,  he is not a full-time student.


If he has other tuition, you must subtract his tuition from other tuition that you are reporting. If none left, you don't even have to claim 1098-T.


To be considered a full-time student, your son must have been a student for  5 calendar months during the tax year.  A full-time student is one who is enrolled for the number of hours or courses considered to be full-time attendance by the school. The 5 calendar months do not have to be consecutive.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"