GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Education

Although I cannot see the rest of your return(s) and the dollar amounts therein, I can say that it is always best to file a correct return that includes all tax forms you received. The safest way to approach this is to amend your return. Here's how:

You can amend returns that have been accepted by the IRS. If your return is pending, you won't be able to make any changes until it's accepted or rejected by the IRS. If you don't know your e-file status, we can help you check it

• Sign in to TurboTax.
  • Scroll down to Your tax return & documents (you may need to select Show), select 2019 and then Amend (change) return. If you only see the option to amend 2018 or earlier, it's because you can't amend an unfiled 2019 return. Instead, just select Pick up where you left off, make your changes, and disregard the rest of these instructions.
  • Select Amend using TurboTax Online.
  • Carefully follow the instructions. Don't worry if your refund changes to $0. This is normal on amended returns.
  • When finished, we'll give you instructions for printing and mailing your amended return, as amendments can't be e-filed.

Three weeks after mailing your amended return, you can start tracking it at the IRS Where's My Amended Return? tracking tool.  Please allow at least 16 weeks for the IRS to process your amended return.

Processing times for amended state returns vary from state to state. If it's been more than 12 weeks since you mailed your amended state return, and you haven't heard anything, we suggest you contact your state tax agency.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"