New Member


For the the Lifetime Learning Credit, you must be a citizen or resident alien.

For the standard deduction, you can take the full standard deduction as a resident alien.  As a non-resident alien, you can claim the standard deduction up to the amount of your US based income.

Education Benefit Comparison

IRS Pub for Non-Resident and Resident Aliens:

View solution in original post