New Member


Only $2,500 of student loan interest can be reported on a federal tax return. 

The student loan interest is entered as an Adjustment to Income, not a tax refund or credit. 

An adjustment to income reduces the Adjusted Gross Income thereby reducing the amount of taxable income.

View solution in original post