Business & farm

Not meaning to be disrespectful of the many contributors to this problem, but I must add that some of the postings contain incorrect information.  First, to clarify, disregarded entities owned by an individual are by definition to use the SSN of the sole individual owner (for Form Schedule C filings) unless an EIN is applied for.  EIN's are not required for disregarded entities, and are only necessary for when the disregarded entity has employees.  Otherwise, for purposes of the Form 1065 K-1, the TIN of beneficial owner of a disregarded entity is not the SSN or EIN.  The correct TIN is "NONE."  Here is an excerpt from the Form 1065 instructions: 

"Item H2. Disregarded Entity (DE)

If the partner is a DE, check the box and provide the name and TIN of the DE partner. The partnership should make reasonable attempts to obtain the DE’s TIN. If after making reasonable attempts to obtain the DE’s TIN such TIN is unavailable or unknown to the partnership, the partnership may report the DE’s TIN as unknown. If the DE does not have a TIN, enter “None” in the space for the DE’s TIN. "

So, yes, you can go into forms view and force changes, but in this specific situation the change needs to be "NONE".  TTB will not allow you to file electronically unless you use "APPLD FOR" as the TIN, which you should not do unless you have actually applied for a EIN.  So, as of today (I just checked it) TTB is still wrong and your only recourse is to file on paper.

What's the point of TTB if you can't file electronically.  I wish TTB would read these chats and realize the mistake and fix it, TODAY!!