Business & farm

@4Head wrote:

DSTs can and are be used in many ways:

https://www.morrisjames.com/newsroom-articles-292.html

Yes I am aware. I probably shouldve posted here but I did talk to an CPA who informed me that a Statutory Trust (eg Delaware Statutory Trust) can be treated as a disregarded entity, partnership, corporation, or a trust for federal tax purposes. If as a trust, its best that it be a REIT, or something similar, but its best to get legal advice on that part. You will need to send in an SS4 and use the other option to mention what youre forming so you can get the proper tax treatment (since the IRS sees a statutory trust or a business trust as an unincorporated association, which would be treated as a partnership for federal tax purpose unless you change the election). Results can usually vary with state tax though since not all states see a Statutory Trust as a legal business entity though most will recognize it as it is at the federal level, while some may have their own laws to have it be treated as a corporation for state tax purposes (eg example of this would be AZ, which do see a business trust, including statutory trust, as a corporation for state tax purpose)