Business & farm

Sorry, self employed is the version we are using. Yes, 100% business use, kept track of all miles, I put in the mileage, and number one there is an issue apparently and it's not allowing me to claim mileage now. But from what I've seen that's an issue with Turbotax itself. So from the very first question it asks if you stopped using in 2020 which I put yes and put the date. Continue through questions about mileage and then it asks for the sale price. I put in the sale price. Then it asks for 'basis for gain/loss (enter 100% of basis)'. And the instructions are 'When you dispose of a vehicle you must figure out your basis for your gain or loss.

To do this, take your original purchase price add to it any major improvements you've made to the car (like a new engine) and subtract any depreciation that was allowed or allowable (look at your past tax returns for this).' 

Then it goes to prior depreciation and asks for depreciation equivalent of standard mileage for all the years in service, which is more than the truck ever cost because we have heavy mileage with lawn care routes.  And I put in what I feel like is accurate, it checks everything says it's fine, but at the VERYYYYY end when I pay and go to actually file I get an error no mater what I put in saying that the depreciation is too large. Unless I put in zero, but I just want to make sure I'm putting in the correct numbers so I don't risk audit. I just need very basic instructions on what the loss/gain basis is and what the depreciation should be since nothing I put in will work, even if the numbers are the same so clearly not larger than the basis.