collegecamel
Returning Member

Formed a LLC on New Years, filed dissolution today.

I paid to have my first LLC formed in CA on New Years Eve.  Shortly afterwards I decided I could just do the internet marketing I had planned as a sole proprietor.  I emailed the company that was handling the formation less than an hour later, requesting they don't form the LLC, but they were out of the office for the holidays and the weekend.  I didn't hear back from them for 3 days and it was submitted to the Secretary of State before they were able to read my request and is now Active.

Today I filed a dissolution with the SOS, and part of that process involves filing a Final return with the Franchise Tax Board.  There was no business conducted, but I am still required to file.  I am currently an unemployed college student that is a caretaker for my disabled father, and I am feeling a bit overwhelmed. My mother also tested positive for the coronavirus recently and my anxiety has been difficult to overcome.  H&R Block seems to charge $350 for this service, is there a better alternative?

Thank you.