I didn’t receive stimulus for my son

How do I claim money that we didn’t receive from my sons stimulus

Business & farm

If you do not receive any other stimulus payments by January 15, 2021, then the stimulus payment for which you are eligible to receive will be entered on your 2020 federal tax return as a tax credit on Form 1040 Line 30.

The TurboTax program will ask about stimulus payments in the Federal Review section of the program.

Business & farm

When it asks me about my stimulus payments I put in what we received and it says we got everything we qualified for but we didn’t receive a stimulus for our youngest on the 1st stimulus or 2nd round. Will it automatically be factored in? Do I have to fill out a separate part? If so where is it? 

Business & farm

@the-thompsons201 wrote:

When it asks me about my stimulus payments I put in what we received and it says we got everything we qualified for but we didn’t receive a stimulus for our youngest on the 1st stimulus or 2nd round. Will it automatically be factored in? Do I have to fill out a separate part? If so where is it? 

If the child was under the age of 17 in 2019 and 2020 you should have received $500 for the first stimulus and $600 for the second stimulus. 

In the My Info section of the TurboTax program you need to verify the dependent's information.  You have to enter the the dependent was your Child, the dependent's date of birth Must be correct, you have to indicate that the child lived in your home for the Whole Year, that the child did NOT provide for over one-half of their own support, that there was NOT any other person in the household who supported the child, that you or you and your spouse were the parents that could claim the child.

If all of your answers were correct and you are not seeing the stimulus amount on the TurboTax page after completing the stimulus information in Federal Review, then delete the child and re-enter.

Post back when you have completed this process.