Business & farm

I want to thank you for taking the time to explain this.  I have been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why Section179 will not "take".  I also MATERIALLY participate in my rentals.  That is all I do and I do it full-time.  I have 14 units and manage them 100 percent myself and it is my SOLE income.  It is alot of work.  But I digress.  I intended to Section 179 a Dodge Grand Caravan because I am always carrying so much stuff in my Subaru.  Anyways I have been trying for months to get this to work.  It is why I filed for an extension.  I have not tried to do as you describe, but I have found the Line 3b in the Depr Options worksheet and can see it is WRONG.  So I am going to correct it manually using Forms view.  I wanted to take the time to thank you since you took your time to put an explanation out there.  Also hello TURBO TAX - fix this !!!!!!!!!!   By googling I can see others have this problem also, it is not new.  I updated my software on October 14th and a correction has still not been made.  I highly doubt I will use Turbo Tax next year and I have been using it for over 10 years.  It is not the error, it is the fact that the error is KNOWN and REPORTED and Turbo Tax has not fixed it.  Inexcusable.