You cannot e-file this tax return because the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

Trying to E-File an S-Corp tax return with no errors and am getting "You cannot e-file this tax return because the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet". I though E-Filing was already open for TurboTax Business?

Business & farm

ME TOO! What is the solution? Any answers yet?

Business & farm

Also having this issue. I got on with support and the woman had me hold for 10 minutes to find a solution and then hung up on me.

duncan1

Business & farm

Keep getting this message: the intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

What is going on with this ? Tried to file S-Corp taxes several times this weekend and again just now at 7:30 AM PST.

Business & farm

I got the same thing.. was on hold, told they would call me back, never did, then got email that my  case was closed! lol

So I did my own research and I THINK this is the reason:

https://blog.turbotax.intuit.com/tax-news/irs-announces-e-file-open-day-be-the-first-in-line-for-you...

Business & farm

Mine still isn't allowing me to submit and shows that it has no updates.

duncan1

Business & farm

@cobmed sez:

1120S Error Message on Transmit for 2019
Returns- Intuit Filing Center Not Open
When trying to file my 1120S for 2019 on Jan 27 2020 -- I received an error message that
the Intuit Filing Center is not yet open for the tax season. When I called -- had to be
transferred and then on hold for quite a long time to be told the filing center for 1120S will
not open until February 3, 2020.
The software didn't give any error messages that forms were not ready -- Intuit has
dropped the ball on this one.
Thought this post might help others as I searched and searched while on hold with Intuit
and found nothing to help answer my question.

Business & farm

Thanks for the update!

Business & farm

The Intuit personal tax filing season was supposed to open today Jan 27, 2020, but the business tax season was supposed to open Jan 21st.

Business & farm

I got the same message.  If the IRS is accepting tax returns today 1/27/2020 then Intuit should have been prepared for them too. They are also charging me $120 when it should be free -- more than last year. I may not use TurboTax again!!  

Business & farm

THANK YOU for the February 3rd date for 1120S. That would have been nice to see that message on TurboTax, right?

Business & farm

THANK YOU DUNCAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Business & farm

Thank you for the information.  So stupid that Intuit cannot tell us that upfront!!

sjh99

Business & farm

Does anyone know what the issue is with filing W2's and 1099's? The electronic filing is grayed out

Thanks!

gms2

Business & farm

Thanks for information.  Saved me much time on phone.  I already removed and re downloaded the program but to no avail.  You are correct.  Turbo-tax should give an error message giving the dates filing can occur.