Level 10

Business & farm

Distributions in excess of basis are capital gains.  You would report this as if you sold sold, so the information goes on form 8949 which will then go on Schedule D.  


Assuming you purchased the stock all at the same time, just enter the date purchased.

*A reminder that posts in a forum such as this do not constitute tax advice.*