Business & farm

@ hubear818 wrote:

Thanks!  Yes it is California, though I was trying to do it on my PC.  Basically after it asks me to download my state, I do that, and then the pop up window closes but the return still doesn’t open.  Thanks for your help!

The looping situation I described and a specific workaround I alluded to is for Mac software only.   In the Mac software the CA software might be downloading and not being extracted.   But I haven't heard of that happening in Windows, and if it can, I don't know the steps to manually extract the state program files in Windows like I do for Mac.     So try this:

First be sure the 2018 software is up to date.   Have you run the program updater lately?   And also, restart your computer, if you haven't lately.

Then, if you haven't done so, minimally start a brand new 2018 return in your software.   Once it's going, click at the top on the ONLINE menu, and in the dropdown menu choose "Download state."    Does the California state product download and install then?

If not, unless you get any other suggestions over the weekend, here's how to phone TurboTax Support.  However, they are closed until Tuesday.

You can use the form at the link below to schedule a call back, or it may provide a number. Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8PM Eastern) Monday-Friday.    Closed for the long Labor Day weekend.

Where the form asks what product you are using, be sure in the dropdown menu to indicate "CD/download" and the proper operating system, then indicate which Edition.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact