Level 7

Business & farm

However, I should add that if your Self Employed business has a loss, it may not be a good idea to use Section 179 to offset your Wages.  Using regular depreciation (which is would also be used in future years) would offset both income tax AND self employment tax in future years (assuming the business will have a profit in future years).