Level 15

Business & farm

You should not be making any self-employed retirement entries.  Except with respect to a self-employed health insurance deduction, you are not self-employed.  You are an employee of the S corp.  The 401(k) plan must be established under the S corp, the contributions to the plan deposited by your S corp, and the deduction for the contributions is taken on the S corp's tax return, not on your personal tax return.

View solution in original post