New Member

Business & farm

Yes you will be able to deduct the amount of sales tax that you paid for your golf cart if you itemize your deductions on Schedule A. If you take the Standard Deduction, you would not be able to deduct the sales taxes. To do this, follow these steps:

• Select Federal Taxes 

• Choose Deductions & Credits and click Continue

• Skip to All Tax Breaks

• Scroll down the page past Medical and Education to Estimates and Other Taxes Paid

• Click Show More to the right and click Start to the right of Sales Taxes

• Enter the sales tax paid on the new car you purchased.