Level 3
This widget could not be displayed.

Business & farm

Yes, you need to file Schedule C for Uber and Lyft. You do not need a 1099 to enter income from self-employment.  You will simply need to do the following:

  • Click Wages and Income
  • Click until you get to the summary screen then click Add More Income
  • See list of all income
  • Show more next to Self-Employment
  • Start or Revisit next to Income and Expenses
  • Answer Yes to "Did you have any self-employment income or expenses
  • Walkthrough and answer the questions regarding Uber
  • When you get to the screen asking "Let's enter the income for your Uber " select Other Self-employed income.
  • This will allow you to enter the form of payments (cash, check or other) and the total

When you get to the end you will click Add More Self-Employed Income to enter Lyft Income. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post