Carl
Level 15

Deductions & credits

It depends on what you told the program to do earlier. You can choose to do the splits yourself, or you can choose to enter total amounts and have the program do the splits for you. If you chose the latter, the program can only do so much and it doesn't seem to split everything from what I've seen over the years on past experience.
Since it was your personal residence prior to being rental property, that means those deductible expenses incurred during the time it was your residence are claimed on SCH A, and for the time it was rental are claimed on SCH E. Now for the first two expense screens it gets tricky.
 - Property insurance is not a deductible expense for the period of time it was your residence. Property insurance has never been a deductible expense on your residence or 2nd home. So you need to pro-rate the amount you enter for the rental.
 - Property taxes are deductible no matter what. If you elected to have the program do the splits for you, then enter the total amount paid for the year and the program takes care of the splits. You'll be able to check this later to confirm that the program did "in fact" to the split for you.
 - Mortgage interest. It's important to read the screen. I can't stress that enough. If you chose to have the program do the splits for you,  you'll enter the entire amount of mortgage interest you paid in 2018. You'll be able to confirm the program did the splits later.
For all other items in the rental expenses section, you enter only what was paid during the period of time the property was classified as a rental. That's because things like cleaning/maintenance expense are only deductible for the period of time it was a rental. So there's nothing for that item to split with the SCH A.
After you have totally and completely finished the rental expenses section, if you need help confirming any splits took place just let me know and I"ll talk you through the process. This will have you "jumping around" in the program so my explicit navigation instructions may not be "spot on" since you're using the online version of TurboTax. I myself use the desktop version as I have a problem with storing my personal information on a privately owned computer that I have no control over.