New Member

Can I deduct what I paid a person for health care, the person (non related) lived in my home and received room and board and $500 a month to care for me?

I am permantly disabled.  I gave the caregiver room and board and $500.00 a month.

Level 1

Deductions & credits

Yes, if you are permanently disabled, you can deduct the expenses for your caregiver as medical expenses. 

Make sure you can document the expenses via receipts and bank statements. 

For more information on qualifying medical expenses, follow these links:


View solution in original post