st-joseph

Deductions & credits

Thank you. My mother have a long time CPA and attorney and I am just now remembering a meeting we had with all over 8 years ago and they got her covered. She is a WW2 veteran and was stationed at Los Alamo Lab in New Mexico where they made the first nuclear bomb. She is not the type to 'cheat' no matter what. When times are tough she always 'bite the bullet' and tough through it. She is all taking care of. It is I I am worrying more about because I am on social security disability and Medicaid myself. I did report to social security office immediately in person at their office and they said it is a 'gift' and to do whatever I want to do with it. It is not money that I earned or work for they said. As for Medicaid, they told me I would only need to report this annually during ReDe, not in between to report any changes in income or life changes. I just don't know how Medicaid is going to look at this on my next ReDe. I am only 54 and recently went on disability a few months. I just keep track of my spending with what I used the money for like buying a electric scooter for me, new analog hearing aids for me(born deaf), braces for my daughter, fix up my car with numerous repairs, fix up our home, donated to a few charities. and what not. My belief is they might just ask me how I spent the money. I also feel if in my guts I feel something is wrong then I need to worry. If nothing and I feel I am doing everything I should be doing and pleasing to Medicaid and social security with how I spend the money then I am okay with that. After all, why should a person be punished for receiving a gift from a parent, you know? Thank you again.